Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Becoming a Teacher

It's finally set in - I'm going to be a teacher. I already have whiteboard markers and we're preparing lessons and learning specific stuff about Baptism and Reconcilliation in an effort to drill this little point of information into the heads of 10-12 year olds in a period of eight minutes.

I've spent the last while doing my drafts for acitates, which are those things teachers put on overhead projectors, and I just need to put it past my little group before I transfer it onto the acitate. Fun stuff. We're covering Symbols of Baptism and the priest's laying of the hands on a child's head in Reconcilliation. We figured there's enough information in there to entertain four minutes of the kids' time each, with time then for a work sheet and correcting.

In other news, I got to hang out with Kevin, James, Deezie and Emma today! Fun fun fun! I haven't seen the latter two in earnest since a couple of weeks before Christmas, so chilling in their place was well worth having to play catch up tonight. Then, as I was going home, I got to talk to my old friend Patrick. Haven't seen him in months! He's dead sound too. Must try keep in touch with him as the times go by.

Now I need to... what... oh yeah, I need to prepare tutorial work. Slight slip of thoughts there. *sigh* I have to give a presentation on the distictiveness of writings in the New Testament, specifically in the Gospels and in the Pauline letters. Pauline, because St Paul, scholars are fairly sure, didn't write all the letters. He may have been dead too soon to write all of them.

Anyway, have to collaborate on that with three others people. I only saw one of them for the first time in about a week today, and I don't talk to the other two. How did I end up in that mess? I can see them trying to make me do all the work. It'd be so typical that people take advantage of that part of me that doesn't want to fail...

I need to cure that paranoia with tea, so I bid you adieu. Until next time, valuable reader, I wish you luck.

No comments: