Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just in Case

I figured that tomorrow I might not be able to blog about everything that will happen. So, in short, the things I plan on doing, that better happen...

Number 1 - Tea/Coffee/Hot chocolate with Sophie. We're finally taking advantage of our time off and doing something during the day. Some quality time together, after her short day in college, is much needed. I imagine this will be fantastically fun.

Number 2 - The Blue Ukulele. I intend on buying it. If you follow my tweets, you know I've been talking about this for a while. See, I'd always been sort of interested in the Uke as an instrument (I'm even using Ukulele player language!), and a customer came into my shop a couple of weekends ago and was buying a book on how to play the Ukulele. It kind of set off my need to learn an instrument, so I figure something like this won't seem as challenging as a keyboard, because I can't immediately see at least 56 white keys on it. Four strings = less daunting. And the blue one I saw online is only €20! If Waltons have it in stock, I'll have a Ukulele!

Number 3 - Poetry Night at The Gutter Bookshop! Sophie and I, as you know, put together the Poetry Against Cancer book. I emailed Bob at the Gutter Bookshop about it, and I'll be talking to him in person tomorrow about it too if it's at all possible. While I'm there, I'll also be able to listen to some awesome poetry, possibly read some if I'm feeling up for it, and generally have a good time. Yay Poetry Night!

Number 4 - Choir. This happens every Thursday, so there shouldn't be much of a shock here. I'll have The Blue Ukulele with me, if I can get it, because I'll be going straight there from town, with Sophie. It's going to be awesome! I can imagine some hyperactivity over the tiny instrument (it's not the size that counts, it's how badly I'll be able to play it =P). That should be fun!

Those were all in chronological order. As for the next thing I plan on doing, writing... that'll actually happen earlier in the day. In the morning, actually. I need to keep writing, every day, and fill in the "Wrote Today" Chart as I go along, because it's finally Lent! I'll also have to do some reading of The Jump, Skulduggery Pleasant, and make a start on my coursework journal for college, which will involve some watching of movies, and some transcribing of notes I made during the watching of Beau Travail, the adaptation of Billy Budd. Busy morning... I better wake up at 8 to do this, as I have to have dinner at 2 and be ready to get into town not long afterwards.

In other news, Rachel is putting thought into the cover for Poetry Against Cancer. I can't wait to see it! I know already that it's going to be awesome. It's Rachel, it has to be. Also, Ms Dunne and I are emailing again. I make her laugh, it seems. My confusion over things like an MS Readathon and the mention of a stun gun certainly were funny, I'll admit. Especially the stun gun... It's proverbial, I might add. Teachers aren't allowed to carry weapons.

While my fingers are in type mode, I might try make a start at one of the spin-offs for The Jump. Or if I get an idea for a poem, write one. Actually, I better get some poems ready for the Poetry Night first. Oh it's going to be so exciting! I'll write a blog about that tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the courage to read!

No comments: