Monday, August 25, 2008

Forever Story for Autistic Children

On the 30th of June, 2008 Nick Hornby wrote:

“For the first nineteen years of his life, Johnny Razor wasn’t Johnny Razor at all. He was Malcolm Weatherly, and he was born in Mile End Underground station on the night of 17th September 1940.”

These are the opening 35 words of The Forever Story.

It is a concept which encourages people to contribute to the world’s longest collectively-written story. The more people who join in, the longer the story will be, and the more money will be raised for children who find it hard to join in; children with Autism.

For every single contribution to the story via our website, £1 will be donated to Treehouse. We want to reach our donation target of £50,000 and to do that we’d like people to have the opportunity to write alongside some of the world’s most well-known and respected writers.
What we need from you? Just 35 or so words to continue our community-driven epic. The result of which will be more donations to Treehouse .

If you would like to join The Forever Story to help write the longest ever story and do no-end of good, go to:
http://www.theforeverstory.co.uk
Taken from:
I myself have entered a passage for The Forever Story (I like supporting charity, sue me).
"The pair decended the stairs, cautiously and slowly. Each step lit up underneath them, fading to a dim glow when they stepped off. Further into the darkness they went; curiosity drove Malcolm on."
Yes, I misspelled descended. My badness, as they say. I realised after I'd posted it that I'd made the mistake. Oh well, there are worse spelling mistakes made throughout the story.

No comments: