Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dedicated to the memory of...

I've just written my third entry for the Londis Write up my Street competition. It's a simple piece, but devastingly painful to write. I got the idea yesterday, and I couldn't ignore it, not after it made such an impression of Community in my mind.

It's dedicated to the memory of Lauren Keech; it's her story, after her death. The sad union of the community to serve as shoulders to cry on for the family. It's all true, every bit of it, but they never said it had to be fiction, and they never said it couldn't be upsetting.

I don't know if I can find a stronger definition of Community than the one I felt after Lauren's death, and so I think I'm done.

RIP Lauren Keech

1 comment:

sinead said...

Paul, I came across your post about the story you wrote about Lauren Keech. I would very much like to read it. I am Lauren's Godmother and I am also her Mother's best friend. I live in New York. What happened to Lauren was and still is devastating to her family and those surrounding them. Could you email it to me at skeogh294@gmail.com?

Sinead Keogh