Friday, May 15, 2009

Lost for words...

So, it appears that I'm lost for words. I honestly can't explain it, but it better go away! I'm trying to make a living out of writing, this can't happen to me! I'm not even trying to write, I just have nothing at all to say. I've run out of words!!

This is quite a new experience for me. I normally don't shut up, much to the annoyance of the people around me. Yesterday poor Peter had to deal with a twenty minute walk & talk with me as his only company and my mouth never closing only for the letters that prohibit the use of an open mouth. I never shut up, until I was eating in KFC, and even then I was thinking of saying something.

Earlier today, I found an advert after I signed out of Bebo. It's amazing - normally Bebo's the most useless thing for helpful adverts, yet there I was, signing out, and I see an ad for a writing competition! It knows me so well!

The story behind it, if you'll excuse the pun (it was pun-intentional!!) - write a 1,000 word short story with the topic "there's no community like my community." You can enter as many times as you like, which is good considering my first entry is the biggest pile of crap I've ever written, and I wrote a huge 130,000 word novel of crap writing! I may have to write another one.

Anyway, I'm wasting your precious time here... There are 30 winners to the competition. One from each county in ROI, except Dublin and Cork (4 and 2 winners respectively). There are four age categories, and the winners are spread out relatively equal across the four categories. The 30 best stories are published in a book for charity (Barnardos Children's Charity). Book is published in September 2009 and sold in all Londis stores.

And before you say anything, yes, I am using this blog entry to try encourage some words to come out of my mouth, and it appears to have worked. Now if I can write something useful that stands a chance at winning (a sony laptop in my category). One winner is also in with the chnace of becoming a published author (with his/her own novel), so.... yeah, definetely doing that rewrite!

Now, off to eat some food from the local chipper. Maybe my muse will have had a rest and be ready to high speed action when I come back....

No comments: