Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Friend #3

Friday Friend is a feature in which I post about a different friend each week - on Friday! Simple concept, really; I pick a friend, not quite at random, then tell you some of the fun stuff about them! This week is the now almost-famous Miley Cyrus, who's been mentioned here a few times in the past, and on my Twitter page.

Miley is another college friend, because frankly I have more friends in college than I do outside of it, so I might as well write about them. She comes from the strange land of Offaly, but enjoys coming to Dublin more than spending time in, say, Tullamore. I've been to her house, met her family, even been in her bedroom. She showed me her CDs and books, and a few photos on her dressing table. That was pretty much it, before we left to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

It's true to say that Miley is one of my best friends in the whole wide world. We're there for each other when we need a kind word and a friend who likes to talk, and even when we just want to chat... well, we're both thankful for free texts.

Miley was the first person to be told the Rules of Adventureland, since at that stage no one really read them from my blog. Since those days, we've been out living up Adventureland to the fullest, exploring Dublin and Offaly, getting a not-birthday present for Ferris together, going into Penneys more times than is normal and even bringing her youngest brother to the zoo, because he'd never been before. We've also gone out for dinner, because we could.

There's so much to like about Miley, so once again I don't know where to begin. I suppose... yeah, I like the way she calls her parents Mammy and Daddy, even now. I like that we can text each other all day long and not get bored. I like that we have all of our little arrangements made for when we go back to college. I like that we spend days out together and manage to always find something to do, even without a plan. I like that she can't go into Penneys without buying something. I like that she gets a bag in every shop she goes to. I like that I get to be part of her life, and that we keep each other in the loop about everything. I like that we share our plans for the future with each other. I like that despite loving Dublin so much, she's still a small town girl. I like that she knows what church she's going to get married in. I like we can trust each other with anything. I like that she understands what's important to me. I like that she takes an interest in all the things I write. I like that we have most of the same friends in college. I like that no one seems to feel uncomfortable around her. I like that she's one of the coolest people in the college but she doesn't act like it. I like that she cares so much about other people.

Wow... that was a little more substantial than I thought. But what can I say - Miley Cyrus is one of my best friends! And her mammy and daddy are so lovely! Her nickname was given to her by Ferris Bueller, and it's stuck since then. We're but weeks away from college again at this stage, so the real test will be how many people remember the nickname. And of course, once we go back we'll be working on doing some of the things we said we'd do, like our "whopper study sessions" and our Adventureland days out. Summer's almost over, but good times are still ahead with Miley and I!

And a last remark..? Well, there's not much more I can say. Miley, you're a star; you're kind and caring and you have that very traditional side to you that everyone loves. Keep being yourself and I know you'll be happy.

No comments: